The Sunrise Period for trade mark owners started on 15 June 2009 (9:00 UTC) and will continue until 14 July 2009 (23:59:59 UTC).
- Registered national trade mark (any country) at the time of application. A scanned copy of the trademark certificate or an extract from the trade marks register is required and must accompany the application.
- Trade mark number, date of application, date of registration, wording of the trade mark and country where the mark is registered. If certificates, extracts and documents are not submitted in English, the registry may request a translation. If the applicant is a licensee a copy of the licensing agreement with the trade mark holder must be provided. Applications will be validated by the registry (Netcom) and its Validation Agent. These parties may request additional documentation, if required.
- Domain name must directly correspond to trade mark.
- Special characters (%&@!) may be eliminated, or transcribed or replaced with a hyphen.
- Spaces may be removed or replaced with a hyphen.
- Latin letters with additional non-latin elements (such as á) may be reproduced without such elements (a) or replaced by standard spelling of such letters.
- If there is more than one valid application the domain name will be awarded to the oldest registered trade mark.
- Figurative Marks are allowed if the trade mark exclusively contains a word and the word element of the trade mark is predominant and all alphanumeric characters included in the word are contained in the domain name and the general impression is apparent and corresponds with the word contained in the trade mark.
£285 (2year registration) + £80 trade mark validation fee.
To submit your application login to your Lexsynergy account or register an account here and follow the instructions in the FAQ section under the topic Cameroon - CM Sunrise Period.
Lexsynergy is an accredited .cm registrar.