This launch will consist of two phases, namely a Landrush and General Availability.
What is the difference between Landrush (1 June 2011, 3pm BST) and General Availability (14 June 2011 3pm BST)?
During Landrush, anyone wishing to secure a short or numeric-only .tel domain will be able to do so at a premium price. During General Availability the registration price will be lower than the Landrush price.
How it works
- What: two-character (aa.tel or a1.tel) and numeric-only domains between 2 and 7 digits with or without hyphens
- How: First-come first-served basis through Lexsynergy Limited.
- When: From 3 p.m. BST on June 1st for Landrush; from 3 p.m. BST on June 14th for general availability
The following domains will not be available for registration:
- One-letter (from a.tel through to z.tel) and one-digit domains (from 0.tel through to 9.tel)
- Two-character country code top level domains (ccTLDs, such as uk.tel)
- Combinations of digits and/or digit and hyphen strings that contain eight or more characters (for example, 12345678.tel or 123-5678.tel)