.versicherung domains are restricted to companies in the insurance industry and to firms with a direct relationship with the insurance industry. Individuals or non-approved agents are not eligible to register.
Names in the .versicherung registry will be offered on a first-come first served basis during all launch stages.
During the Sunrise period, which runs 5 August 2014 to 3 September 2014, you will be required to have a trade mark verified, by the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH), to register a .versicherung domain name.
The domain name or the website content are intended to identify a direct relationship with the insurance activities or business plans of the applicant.
The list below is considered as insurance related or connected to the insurance industry without requiring proof:
- Insurers, reinsurance and social insurance
- Intermediaries of insurance with a legal registration or approval
- Insurance consultants
- Honorary insurance advisors
- (Supervisory) authorities of the insurance industry
- Registered associations of the insurance industry
- Service provider of the insurance industry, for example, education and training support of the insurance industry, trade publishers, lawyers specializing in insurance law or the insurance industry specialized IT companies
The registrant of a .versicherung domain must have a seat in either Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and designate an address for service to his domain in the WHOIS data.
To ensure that only companies in the insurance industry register .versicherung domains, the registrant's membership in the insurance industry or the existence of an intermediary authorization of the dotversicherung-registry GmbH will be reviewed initially and once a year thereafter.
If you have not verified your trademark with the TMCH we can submit it on your behalf. Read more about the TMCH and pricing here.
General Availability for .versicherung opens 16 September 2014.
Certain domain names have been classified as Premium and will be sold at higher prices. If you wish to apply for a Premium domain name please email firstname.lastname@example.org to process your application.
Email email@example.com should you require assistance or advice on how to protect your trade mark within this new gTLD.