The .vlaanderen and .brussels extensions will launch in five phases. After the phases for trademark holders, government institutions, businesses and organisations, starting on Thursday 13 November 2014 (10:00 CET) and running until 15 December 2014 (10:00 CET), private individuals will be able to submit an application for a .vlaanderen or .brussels domain name based on their name. Applicants can now take advantage of an eID wizard that will take you through the entire registration process.
All you need to register a .vlaanderen or .brussels domain name is a valid Belgian eID card and an eID card-reader. Then, using the eID wizard at the DNS Belgium website, you can apply for a .vlaanderen or .brussels domain name that corresponds with:
- your family name
- your family name and first name
- your first name and family name
- your family name and the first letter of your first name
- the first letter of your first name and your full family name
Free eID card-readerThe extension operator, DNS Belgium, is also giving 1000 card-readers away via the DNS Belgium website. You can request yours by completing the form at www.dnsbelgium.be/en/eid.
Demo phaseFrom 13 October to 12 November inclusive, using a valid Belgian eID card and the eID card-reader, you can check to see whether your computer has the right settings so that when this phase actually begins on 13 November, you can use the eID wizard to scan the details from your identity card. The eID wizard during the demo phase is to be found on www.dnsbelgium.be/en/eid.
Once your settings have been tested and are correct, you can view the list of domain names based on your name that you can apply for and decide which one(s) you would like to reserve from 13 November onwards.
Actual registrationTo be able to actually reserve a domain name from 13 November, you will need to go through the following steps with the eID wizard:
- Go to the eID wizard at the DNS Belgium website (www.dnsbelgium.be)
- Connect the card-reader to your PC and insert your eID into the device. Only your first name and last name will be scanned.
- You will see a list of the domain names that you can apply for, based on your name. You can tick on one or more of the options and then reserve them.
- You will receive confirmation of your reservation by e-mail. You will also receive a reservation code for each domain name you reserve. You need to give this code within 7 days to your registrar (the accredited seller of domain names) so that the domain names you are requesting can be effectively registered.
For more information about vlaanderen and .brussels, visit lexsynergy.com/vlaanderen and lexsynergy.com/brussels.
Lexsynergy. Our Domain is Domains™
Post a Comment