The .paris Premium name is being launched to allow individuals and companies to register a .paris Premium name. .paris Premium names will be available to purchase only through the authorised auction procedures. Each domain name is categorised into Premium 1, 2 or 3. The price of the Premium name varies depending on which category your Premium name belongs to. Each Premium name is available to purchase through one of two auction procedures which is explained in detail below.
Verification Process/ Eligibility
The auctions are open to all those who wish to participate and are eligible to register the .paris Premium domain name under .paris namespace.
Each participant must create and validate their account on the auction platform accessible at www.Premium.paris. Creating and validating the account, will allow the user to participate in the auction process.
The user must provide the following details:
- Full name
- Identifier or alias
- Postal address
- Valid email address
The .paris GeoTLD proposes Premium Names for sale in two phases:
1. Scheduled auctions: The sale of Premium Names by thematic lot will be scheduled each week for a period of seven 7 days. Each week, a publication of lots containing about 40 domain names is released, each lot covers 1 to 3 themes. See link to Pdf.
a. The auctions will start on September 14, 2015 at 10:00 (CET). The schedule for the auctions will be available on www.Premium.paris. Please see link for a list of initial scheduled dates for the auctions.
2. Bid auctions: "non-lot" Premium Names will be available for sale by auction as of 14 September 2015 at 10:00 (CET). These auctions are launched for a period of 7 days from the moment an applicant makes a bid for a Premium name that they wish to acquire. This auction will only start once a bid is made for a domain name.
To identify which auction phase your selected Premium name falls into, please email us at email@example.com
The auction procedure is as follows:
- The auction lasts 7 days (Monday to Monday at 10am French time). It is held on the website www.Premium.paris
- The auction will be extended by 5 minutes if a bid is submitted at the last minute.
- The highest bidder wins and will need to make payment within 15 days.
- If payment is not made within 15 days, the second highest bidder wins the auction.
- The winner of the auction (who has made the payment) receives to their registered email, a unique key code. This key code allows them to request the registration of the Premium name with the registrar of their choice.
- The winner sends the chosen registrar, the key code to enable the Registrar to register the Premium name through the necessary procedure.
The Premium domain names are split into three categories: Premium 1, 2 and 3.
The Price in the above table is the basic starting bid price for the Premium names, depending which category the chose name falls into.
To register the domain name for 1 year, the total price will be the auction price plus the registration fee of £35.
For a list of the Premium names available for registration and which category the name falls into email us at firstname.lastname@example.org