Be a Trendsetter in the Wine Industry by Securing your .WINE Domain Name
.Wine and .VIN are two of the newest gTLDs to enter the marketplace with a Sunrise scheduled to launch on 17 November. By participating in the .WINE Pioneer program qualified wineries have a chance to secure their .WINE domain prior to the Sunrise phase and at no cost for the first two years.
Lexsynergy is hosting an informational webinar about the .WINE Pioneer Program on Wednesday, 4 November at 13:00 UTC. Click here to register for the webinar.
Benefits of the Pioneer Program
- Be a first mover - obtain a .wine / .vin domain name before anyone else
- NO PARTICIPATION COST and registration fee waived for 2 years
- Many naming options available from exact match brand names to valuable generic terms
- Minimal technical requirements - simply redirect your existing site to .wine / .vin domain or use new URL as an opportunity to create a microsite, promotional campaign, product launch, consumer experience, etc.
- Create a promotional story and opportunity to reach / communicate with customers.
- Demonstrate awareness of new and innovative industry happenings.
- Inclusion in the official .WINE PR and press outreach. Donuts, the managing registry for .WINE, currently syndicates internationally across PR Newswire, OutBrain, Nativo, Inc. Magazine, and an extensive network of bloggers, respected spokesmen, and international media including CNN, CNBC, CBS, and Forbes (due for even greater amplification and internationalization in 2016).
- URL resolution of .wine / .vin domain name in the browser (IP 301 redirect or DNS CNAME satisfy requirements - Lexsynergy can assist with this)
- Must promote the domain in some way. This "promotion" requirement has been designed to harmonize with your brand's existing marketing and communications strategy and can include: change of social media profiles to reflect new URL, social media communications of new address (Twitter, Facebook), offline/online advertisements listing new .wine /.vin URL, press release and promotion in partnership with Donuts, promotional webpage or microsite, etc.
- Must go live / promote site before General Availability (Jan 20th)